Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Exercising my Right (and Left and Middle)


Thanks for saying so, guy, but if only I were.  I've hit the dreaded lazy place.  I've mentioned before, probably multiple times, that I hate to exercise and that one of the many wonderful things about living in Paris is the amount of walking that I am forced to do and actually enjoy doing and that keeps me in reasonably good shape without extra effort.

Not so in Berkeley.  Living on a hill gives me the excuse I need to avoid walking the less-than-a-mile to the nearest shopping street because walking back up with bags would be no fun at all.  Having a big comfortable house means I spend more time hanging around in it.  Suffice it to say that I've been sitting around on my fesses instead of out doing this (OK, maybe without the masks, but it is flu season):


Or walking around looking at the beautiful blossoming plum trees all over the neighborhood.


Or borrowing a very nice dog and walking her:


Or spending more time playing with the cutest little guy in the world:


This morning the jeans felt tight.  Somethings gotta give, and I don't want it to be the button at the waist.  Workouts start today.

1 comment:

Janey and Co. said...

LOL! Cute Post..and hit a little too close to home. I have now missed my workout three days in a row. Easy to find an excuse...Need to go tomorrow but there really may be ice on the road..
Cute baby too!