Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Course of True Love


We were crossing a bridge over the Seine the other night when I glanced down at the quai and saw what appeared to be a young couple kissing.  As I watched, one of the figures dropped to its knee and, looking up at the other, proposed marriage.

No, I didn't hear it, but it was such a classic pose, one we've all seen in pictures, films and even cartoons time and again, that I had no doubt.  And because the next time I glanced back they were once again kissing, I'm sure the second figure accepted.

I have no idea whether they were male, female, mixed or the same.  I do know they they were both very happy just then.  I left them to their moment and crossed the bridge, smiling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post, Shelli! Only a few years ago that was you two!